Terms & Conditions
The purchase of vouchers via the Charity Vouchers scheme shall be subject to the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”).
1) Company Information: Anglia Giving is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee, with company registration number 04441647. The registered office of Anglia Giving is 6 The Pightle, Burnham Thorpe, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE31 8HT.
2) Charity Vouchers: Anglia Giving operates Charity Vouchers, a charitable gift voucher scheme aimed at raising money for registered charities in England and Wales and Scotland and those appearing on the register in Northern Ireland. Further information about the scheme can be found here.
3) Services: Under the Charity Vouchers scheme, Anglia Giving offers a Standard Service and a Tailored Service (the “Services”), described further in this paragraph 3. In respect of both Services, there is a user or purchaser (the “Purchaser”) who acquires a gift voucher (a “voucher”) in order to give the voucher to another individual (the “Recipient”) who may redeem it in favour of a charity. The vouchers come in different forms (posted, printable or e-voucher) and in different values.
a) Standard Service:
i) Purchasers purchase vouchers, which can then be redeemed by a Recipient to make a payment to a nominated charity.
ii) The Purchaser pays Anglia Giving an administration fee to process the vouchers (£1 for printable and e-vouchers and £2.50 for posted vouchers).
iii) The vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months of purchase.
iv) A voucher is redeemed by the Recipient nominating a UK charity registered with the Charity Commission for England & Wales, the Office of the Scottish Charities Regulator, or appearing on the Northern Ireland Charities Register. Anglia Giving then makes a payment (of a corresponding financial value to the redeemed voucher) to the registered charity of the Recipient’s choice. In the event that it is not possible to do this, attempts will be made to obtain further instruction from the donor. If this is not possible, when the voucher expires Anglia Giving will use its discretion to make the donation to a charity whose objects seem closest to the organisation named. If this is not possible the voucher will be treated as unredeemed.
v) If vouchers are not redeemed within 12 months from the date of purchase, Anglia Giving has the right to retain the face value of the particular voucher.
b) Tailored Service:
In certain circumstances where specifically agreed, Anglia Giving provides a tailored service for Purchasers who make “bulk” orders of vouchers which can then be redeemed by Recipient(s), to make a payment to a nominated charity using the value of vouchers which have not been redeemed by the time they expire. Parts (i) and (ii) of the Standard Service do not apply because Purchasers pay a different processing fee per voucher as agreed in writing with Anglia Giving. Parts (iii) – (v) of the Standard Service will apply to the Tailored Service.
These Terms and Conditions apply to both Services.
4) Contractual relationship: The placing of an order by a Purchaser with Anglia Giving (whether verbally, in writing or via electronic means) constitutes an offer to enter into a contract with Anglia Giving for delivery of the Services, subject to these Terms and Conditions. The offer shall be deemed accepted when Anglia Giving issues written confirmation (including via email) of the order, at which point a contract between Anglia Giving and the Purchaser is created. Delivery of the Services gives rise to a contractual relationship between Anglia Giving and the Purchaser only, and no other form of legal relationship is created.
5) Specification of Services: Any descriptive matter or advertising issued by Anglia Giving, and any descriptions or illustrations contained on Anglia Giving’s website or otherwise, are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Services described in them, and shall not have any contractual force.
6) User obligations: The Purchaser and the Recipient shall co-operate with Anglia Giving in all matters relating to the Services, and shall comply with any additional obligations as set out on the Charity Voucher website or agreed between the parties.
7) Use of vouchers: The following terms apply to the delivery and use of vouchers:
a) Dispatch – Anglia Giving aims to dispatch all posted voucher orders within one working day of an order being placed, and always within two working days unless in the event of exceptional circumstances, in which case the user shall be notified of the delay by Anglia Giving at the earliest opportunity. E-vouchers and printable vouchers will normally be issued automatically to the Purchaser at the time of ordering.
b) Receipt: A signature will not be required on receipt of a voucher order sent by post, unless by special arrangement agreed with the customer.
c) Delivery Charge: All posted vouchers are dispatched First Class using Royal Mail postal services, unless by special arrangement agreed with the customer. All costs of delivery are included in the administration fee charged.
d) Damage in transit: All vouchers should be unpacked (in the case of a posted voucher) and checked upon receipt (in the case of all vouchers). Should damage occur in transit, then Anglia Giving will dispatch a replacement gift voucher within one working day of the original item being received back by Anglia Giving. Anglia Giving undertakes to accept standard first-class postage charges in connection with such replacement.
e) Value: The voucher may not be exchanged for cash and may only be used for nominating an equivalent amount be paid to a registered charity in accordance with the Services. The entire value of the voucher must be redeemed by the Recipient at once. Charity Vouchers are intended solely for use as a donation to charity and may not be used to pay in whole or in part for any goods or services.
8) Refund: If for any reason a Purchaser wishes to cancel an order, they must notify Anglia Giving in writing not more than 21 days after dispatch of the voucher. If notice of cancellation is provided within 21 days of dispatch, Anglia giving will provide a full refund upon receipt of the returned order. Anglia Giving is unable to refund money to Purchasers more than 21 days after despatch of the vouchers.
9) Termination: Anglia Giving retains the right to terminate an order (and not honour payment to a nominated charity) in the event that either:
a) A Purchaser fails to pay the amount due for a voucher; or
b) The Directors of Anglia Giving have reasonable concerns as to potential misuse of a voucher.
10) Intellectual property rights: All intellectual property rights (including but not limited to patents, rights to inventions, copyright, trademarks, business names, domain names, design rights and database rights) in or arising out of or in connection with the Services shall be owned by Anglia Giving.
11) Data protection: Anglia Giving shall comply with its obligations in relation to personal data as set out elsewhere on this website. By entering into these Terms and Conditions, the Purchaser confirms that they have read and agreed to the terms on data protection.
12) Internet security: The Charity Vouchers website uses the Stripe secure payment service to process card transactions. Card details are encrypted while in transit over the internet, and users’ web browsers may display a notice or padlock icon at the point where card details are entered to indicate this. Card numbers and other details are at no time passed to Anglia Giving. In common with many websites, the Charity Vouchers website uses ‘cookies’, small temporary items of data sent to a users’ web browser, to keep track of who owns which shopping basket when orders are being placed on the site. The web browser must be set to accept or enable cookies in its security settings before orders can be placed on the site. The cookies Anglia Giving uses contain no personal information and are only used while shopping on the Charity Vouchers website.
13) Force Majeure: Neither party shall be in breach of the Terms and Conditions, nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of its obligations, if such delay or failure result from events, circumstances or causes beyond its reasonable control.
14) Entire Agreement: These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede and extinguish any previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
15) Assignment: Anglia Giving may at any time assign, mortgage, charge, subcontract, delegate, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any or all of its rights and obligations under these terms and Conditions.
16) Waiver: A waiver of any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions or by law is only effective if given in writing and shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent right or remedy. A failure or delay to exercise any right or remedy shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict any further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of any right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
17) Severance: If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed deleted, but that shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of the Terms and Conditions.
18) Third party rights: The parties to these Terms and Conditions are Anglia Giving and the Purchaser. Unless expressly stated otherwise, the contractual relationship between the parties does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term.
19) Governing law: These Terms and Conditions, and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
20) Jurisdiction: The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or their subject matter or formation.
21) Enquiries: Anglia Giving is committed to providing an excellent service and will always welcome your comments. If you have any comments or enquiries please telephone us on 0800 652 3185 (free from most landlines) or on 01328 730530, or email on firstname.lastname@example.org .